Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold Weather and no Snow.

It's that time of the year when all I want to do is bake!..
Yesterday I made cinnamon rolls, I tried my best to make them healthy...
Haha yea right! I used half wheat flour half white flour and a cup of pecans and walnuts... Butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and Cream cheese frosting. Delicious.
Wheat flour really is a noticeably different but without a doubt it has a sweetness that is added... The cream cheese frosting I made still has a couple lumps but talk about imitation Cinnabon. I may have created the exact same frosting. 8ounces butter, 16 ounces cream cheese, a little less than 2 cups powder sugar, and vanilla all whipped up to unhealthy perfection. I still have 6 unbaked rolls if anyone wants to come over and enjoy them with me...?

Today I will make pumpkin cupcakes with the same cream cheese frosting... Last year I mailed out cookies and breads to all my friends and the family that was on my parents exchange list. My grandpa said it was the best pumpkin cake he's ever had. Happy 88th birthday grandpa, I'm sending dad with some treats!

The reason why winter is so great; you can keep your house smelling like baked goods day after day. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment