Friday, August 12, 2011

Stay on the Positive Side.

Meeting with some local amazing caters/personal chefs this week.
I want to learn about the tricks of the trade and cook.
Food is what drives me. Just cooking 7 days a week at home isn't hacking it anymore.
I have goals and dreams that in order to achieve I need to hustle.
I want to learn as much as I can about small businesses. Local businesses in the fabulous community of Boulder. I am so interested in this new hot spot opening up next week on Pearl St. Cured. I want in.
The thought of pastry school keeps crossing my mind. With my ultimate long term goals, really learning about pastry maybe the next step.
The next step, always so hard to take. To trust that the universe has something ready just for me. Staying positive in tough times, leaning on my friends and family and KNOWING that I am going to make it on my own.
I made an amazing salad for my Interview the other day, for a job that I did not get, bummer, but my creativity will prevail. And next week, back to working out and running. Maybe that's why I've been so down, no exercise makes a crabby Dana.
End of Summer Salad:
1 cup Kamut
1 Ripe Peach
1/4 cup sliced fresh Cherries (about 6)
1/4 cup Toasted chopped Pecans
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Rosemary
Splash of Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Soak Kamut overnight.
Cook Kamut with 2 cups water simmering until the Kamut wheat starts to split (you don't want it to be too chewy)
Mix dressing ingredients with warm Kamut.
Once Kamut is cooled add cherries, peaches, and pecans.
Can be served cold or room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment